Madison Truck Accident Lawyer
Skilled Truck Accident Attorneys In Madison, WI
Consider the busy highways and scenic roadways in Madison, Wisconsin, where commercial trucks and cars coexist. The city’s strategic location makes it a transportation center, but it also increases the risk of truck accidents, which can be deadly. These vehicles are larger, longer, heavier, more difficult to control, and slower than standard vehicles.
Every day, over 10 individuals are killed in a huge truck accident, which gets worse by the fact that many of the accidents involve head-on collisions. It is important to discuss your legal options with an experienced Madison Truck Accident lawyer at MacGillis Wiemer, LLC.
How Do Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents?
In many ways, truck accidents are handled differently than car accidents. Not only are there more people who could be held responsible for your accident, but you’re also dealing with a larger and heavier vehicle than an ordinary passenger car.
Among the causes are:
- Commercial trucks are subject to additional regulations: Semi-truck drivers must not only obtain specialized licenses, but they must also adhere to extra laws, such as federal limits on the number of hours truck drivers can travel in 24 hours.
- Trucks May Carry Hazardous or Dangerous Cargo: Hazardous materials in truck accidents pose significant dangers and injuries to all parties involved, which may damage your case and compensation claim.
- Truck accidents include more than just drivers: Truck accidents involve the driver’s employer, the driver’s insurance provider, the company that hired the truck to transport their cargo, and truck or part manufacturers.
Injuries Caused by a Truck Accident in Madison
The following are some of the most common types of injuries suffered by drivers in large truck accidents on Madison’s congested roads:
- Head and neck injuries: The head and neck can be affected by a variety of issues. Accident-related injuries can range from a minor concussion or a hit on the head to a severe traumatic brain injury.
- Broken bones: Because of the intense force of a truck crash, bones usually fracture or become crushed. A collision’s impact might cause fractures, which means the bones can crack or break.
- Lacerations, cuts, and burns: Burns, cuts, and lacerations are prevalent in truck accidents. A fire can start if the gasoline lines in a truck rupture following an accident.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding can occur as a result of a truck accident. This can happen if a seat belt, an airbag, or another object strikes the body violently.
Truck Accident Liability in Madison
Because the truck driver is their representative, truck companies are often accountable for any accidents caused by their personnel. Truck companies may also be held accountable if they fail to adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) standards for inspecting and overseeing their trucks and drivers.
Our skilled Madison truck accident lawyers work hard to prove that the driver who caused the truck accident worked for the trucking firm. Alternatively, we are attempting to demonstrate that the truck company was negligent in failing to monitor an independent contractor who drove the truck.
Damages Covered in Madison Truck Accident Cases
Many truck accident victims get severe injuries or require extensive medical treatment. Victims have the right to the following compensation, regardless of the severity of the accident:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to collect the costs of all medical treatment linked to your injuries, including hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation care, and prescription medications.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have prevented you from working, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: This is a type of non-economic damage that may be available to you if your case meets certain criteria; it is intended to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are intended to penalize the person responsible for highly negligent or dangerous action; they are not available in every instance but may be available if the facts of your case deserve it.
Contact our Madison Truck Accident Lawyer Right Away
Every day, MacGillis Wiemer, LLC is guided by a set of core beliefs that shape every action we take on behalf of our clients. This collection of promises to you assures that you receive the best service possible at every stage of the legal procedure. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a truck accident, please contact our Madison Truck Accident Lawyer right away because we want to help.