Madison Slip And Fall Injury Attorney
Skilled Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers Proudly Serving Madison
When you visit someone’s house or apartment, go to work in an office building, shop in a store, walk through a parking lot, or use an elevator or escalator, you have every reason to believe that you will be safe. Unfortunately, property owners and occupiers frequently neglect to examine their properties, fix hazardous situations, or alert visitors about the dangers they face. Their negligence can result in major Slip-and-fall accidents for visitors.
MacGillis Wiemer, LLC our skilled Madison Slip and Fall Injury Attorney has experience assisting slip and fall accident clients and their families.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Incident
If a slip-and-fall accident does occur, there are three essential actions to take:
- If you are injured get medical attention as soon as possible, doing everything you can to document your injuries and discover if they are more severe than they look to the human eye.
- Document the hazardous conditions that led to your injuries as best you can, utilizing photos and signed incident reports as a paper trail.
- Consult with a Madison slip and fall injury attorney to learn about your legal alternatives and to begin planning your potential injury claim.
What Slip and Fall Accident Cases Do Our Attorneys Handle?
We defend clients in slip-and-fall cases involving the following:
- Snow and ice – Many property owners and occupiers fail to remove snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots, and stairs in “a reasonable amount of time” or within the period specified by local legislation.
- Slippery floors – Snow and ice can melt and puddle inside a doorway, posing a hazard. Floors become dangerously slick after being mopped.
- Spills – Store merchandise, including liquid items, can fall from shelves, causing slippery patches in aisles. Spills should be cleaned promptly by store owners (and their employees).
- Clutter – Merchandise, equipment, tools, and debris left in a store aisle, on a sidewalk, or a walkway can cause tripping hazards.
- Uneven surfaces – A person can trip due to loose or defective tiles, flooring, carpets, or mats. Because of uneven or unstable surfaces, scaffolding, railings, and ramps can potentially be dangerous.
- Open holes – Manholes, holes in parking lots, and other holes in the landscape are hazardous, especially if they are disguised by snow, leaves, or long grass, or if they are not designated with fencing, cones, or signs.
- Inadequate illumination – In corridors, stairwells, and parking garages, poor lighting may hide barriers. As the nights become longer in the winter, insufficient lighting can become a significant hazard.
How Do I Obtain Compensation for Slip and Fall Injuries in Madison?
Obtaining compensation for slip and fall injuries typically involves filing a claim against the liable party.
Here are some things you should do:
- Seek medical attention right away: Make your health and well-being your top concern. As soon as possible, seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Document the incident: Depending on where the incident occurred, report the slip and fall accident to the property owner, manager, or supervisor.
- Capture the scene: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, including the hazardous condition that caused your fall, if possible.
- Maintain evidence: Keep any physical proof of your slip and fall, such as ripped clothing, broken footwear, or things that contributed to the accident.
What’s the Statute of Limitation in a Slip and Fall Case?
According to Madison’s statute of limitations, you must file a lawsuit within three years. If you suffered a property loss, you have six years to seek repair or replacement. Your time limit begins when the accident occurs, so keep these deadlines in mind to prevent losing a reasonable payment.
Contact a Madison Slip and Fall Injury Attorney Today
The attorneys of MacGillis Wiemer, LLC have used their skills, knowledge, and resources to safeguard the rights of Madison slip and fall injury accident victims. We assist them in obtaining the compensation they are due. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, please contact us right away.