Madison Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Skilled Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Madison, WI
Consider the wind in your hair, the excitement of the wide road, and the freedom of riding your motorcycle through Madison. Madison’s stunning scenery, flowing roads, and vibrant culture make it a motorcycle enthusiast’s paradise. However, danger can lie among the thrills, turning a trip into a nightmare.
Motorcycle accidents may include complicated factual, legal, and financial considerations. Liability is frequently debated since many individuals believe motorcycles are unsafe. In such a case, you demand the assistance of a Madison Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, who is dedicated to assisting riders in seeking justice and reclaiming their lives following a traumatic motorcycle accident.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Madison
Motorcycle accidents don’t come in one size fits all. They can take a variety of shapes, as detailed below:
- Accidents involving a single motorcycle
Single-bike accidents happen when a rider collides with a stationary automobile or object and there are no other cars involved. Single-bike accidents are frequently caused by inadequate equipment, such as malfunctioning brakes or tires.
- Collisions with left turns
A left-turn collision occurs when a vehicle makes a left turn without seeing an approaching motorcycle. In this scenario, the motorcycle is hit by a car while the rider attempts to pass it or cruise through an intersection.
- Head-on collisions
This type of car accident occurs when a car collides head-on with a motorcycle. These are frequently the most catastrophic kinds of motorcycle accidents and are fatal for riders.
- Lane-Change Accidents
These incidents happen when a car driver changes lanes without looking for a motorcycle. Motorcycles are commonly overlooked by drivers due to their modest size and low profile on the road.
What Injuries Can Motorcyclists Sustain in a Madison Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents result in severe injuries to riders since motorcycles lack seatbelts and airbags, as well as doors, side panels, and roofs. Some of the most common major injuries for which we assist motorcyclists in obtaining compensation are as follows:
- Injuries to the head and brain. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are a major risk for motorcycle riders.
- Injuries to the spinal cord. Motorcycle accidents can cause paralysis or loss of sensation throughout the body. These injuries can have long-term effects on mobility and necessitate lifelong medical care.
- Bone fractures. A motorbike collision might result in arm, leg, wrist, and ankle fractures.
- Road rash. Road rash refers to abrasions and lacerations caused by a motorcyclist’s skin sliding across the road.
- Soft tissue injuries. Soft tissue injuries, such as contusions, sprains, strains, and severe bruising, can occur among motorcycle riders.
- Internal wounds. Internal injuries from a motorbike collision can include organ damage, internal bleeding, or punctured lungs.
- Emotional distress. Emotional trauma from motorcycle accidents can include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other psychiatric illnesses.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover After Your Motorcycle Accident in Madison
Madison personal injury law allows a motorcyclist to recover damages if the following conditions are met:
- Another driver breached his or her duty of care by not adopting the reasonable care that a reasonable driver would’ve exercised at the time of the crash; and if
- The other driver’s actions or inactions that were found to violate the duty of care caused the motorcyclist’s injuries.
Madison Motorcycle Accident Liability
When there is a motorcycle accident, we start by filing a claim against the driver. We may frequently reach an agreement with the driver’s insurance carrier. In addition to the driver, the following individuals may be held accountable:
- The owner of the Motorcycle
- A tavern or a liquor store.
- Motorcycle part manufacturers and sellers if a defective item causes death or harm.
- The locality, county, or state. If your motorcycle accident was caused by poor road design or unsafe roads.
Contact Our Madison Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Filing a claim after a motorcycle accident, or even knowing where to begin, can be time-consuming and confusing. That is why you should consult with an expert motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you deal with the fallout from your accident.
If you or your loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, contact our Madison Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at MacGillis Wiemer, LLC right away and book an appointment today!