Appleton Premises Liability Lawyer
Experienced Premises Liability Attorneys Serving Appleton, WI
Homeowners, shop merchants, and property owners at large often invite people into their homes, shops, and establishments. It could be a social function, shopping, or just a visit. And so, when a visitor is injured on these premises, the owner or tenant of the building may be held responsible for the visitor’s injuries. This is called premises liability.
Every homeowner or tenant owes a duty to keep their premises in safe conditions for visitors and invitees. The law seeks to protect you from the careless actions or inactions of others. If you have been injured on the premises of a homeowner or company, you may be able to file for compensation with our Appleton premises liability lawyer.
The injuries you sustain on the premises of a property owner may require an extensive hospital stay. You shouldn’t have to suffer this physical and emotional trauma without some medium of compensation.
Once you suffer an injury on a person’s property in Appleton, Wisconsin, you should speak to an Appleton premises liability lawyer. This is so that your case may be reviewed and the appropriate action taken. Our premises liability lawyers at MacGillis Wiemer LLC are highly skilled professionals. With over 50 years of legal practice, we have gathered more than enough knowledge, skill, and expertise. We have taken up many premises liability cases and produced positive outcomes.
If you have been involved in a situation of this sort, let us help you get justice and the compensation you deserve.
Can The Property Owner Really Be Held Responsible?
Yes. The state of Wisconsin requires all property owners to keep their premises safe for potential visitors and invitees. They are by law, required to repair any hazards or remove anything potentially dangerous on their property. At the very least, they are required to make sure that guests and visitors are sufficiently warned of any dangers. If a property owner did not repair hazards or failed to provide warnings, they can be held responsible.
Sometimes, the property owner may have fulfilled this legal obligation, yet accidents occur. In this kind of situation, the fault will lie elsewhere. The manufacturer, repair company or contractor, whichever the case may be, will be held responsible.
There are many premises liability accidents. Our Appleton premises liability lawyer are proficient in all. Here are some of them:
- Slips and Falls: Slips and fall accidents usually occur because the victim was not sufficiently warned of the dangers like wet floors or slippery surfaces. A premises liability claim can be brought against property owners who not give adequate warnings.
- Elevator/Escalator Accidents: A person who has sustained injuries due to the malfunction of an elevator or escalator may be able to file a premises liability claim. It could either be against the owner of the property or against the manufacturer of the elevator or escalator.
- Amusement Park Accidents: Amusement park accidents can either result in very minor injuries or very fatal ones. Regardless of how minor your injuries may seem; you may still be able to file a premises liability claim against the owner. You should know that a waiver does not automatically remove a property owner from being responsible for your injuries.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Accidents in the swimming pool can occur if the pool is not properly protected by a barrier or fence. A property owner can be held responsible for any injury that occurs as a result of their unprotected pool.
- Lack of Maintenance: A lot of household appliances may become dangerous if they are not properly maintained. Improperly maintained light features could be a source of electrocution or electrical shocks to unsuspecting visitors. If this happens, a premises liability claim can be brought due to property owner’s negligence.
Reach Out To Our Appleton Premises Liability Lawyer Today
When experiencing a premises liability claim, you may need to seek advice from someone you can trust. Our attorneys will be able to help you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. If you have suffered injuries on another person’s property, contact us.