Washington County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Skilled Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Serving Washington County, WI
Nursing homes are made for taking care of people who are no longer able to look after themselves, but the sad part is that there are a lot of residents who got abused or neglected at their nursing homes. If you know someone who got abused at a nursing home, then it is important for you to take legal action immediately. Keep on reading to find out the things you should know about when hiring a Washington County nursing home abuse lawyer.
What is nursing home abuse?
Nursing home abuse is any type of harm or injury sustained by an elderly person in a care facility due to the negligence of its staff. When people start aging, they require more care than usual, and most of the time this level of care isn’t possible to be provided at home due to various reasons including emotional, financial, or physical problems. However, getting admitted to a nursing home has proven to be beneficial for a lot of people, until it was observed that people get abused at nursing homes. The sad part is that nursing home abuse is very common nowadays.
Wisconsin Nursing Abuse Occurrences and What To Do
Abuse at nursing homes occurs in different ways, either by a staff member of another resident at the nursing home when not monitored properly. The following are the different types of abuse that take place on elderly people:
- Physical or Sexual abuse: A nursing home resident who has been physically or sexually abused by a staff member of another resident.
- Emotional abuse: Ongoing threats, verbal assaults, intimidation, and bullying.
- Confinement: Confining an old person as a way of punishment by including overuse of restraints that can affect the physical and mental health of the person.
- Passive neglect: A resident who is not looked after properly has to live in unsanitary conditions, which means that he or she is not provided with medical care, hygiene, and other basic needs.
- Deprivation: The resident is denied all the basic needs including food, water, medical care, etc.
- Financial exploitation: The staff tries to get financial benefits from the resident through illegal means.
- Over-medication: The staff starts to overdose the patient with medications, which leads to passive behavior.
What should I do if someone has been a victim of Nursing Home Abuse?
- If someone you love has been injured or become ill due to the negligent or careless actions of a nursing home, please seek legal assistance immediately. An attorney can help recover:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Damages for loss of life
- Relocation expenses if necessary
- Punitive damages
How Can A Washington County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Help?
Contact an experienced Washington County nursing home abuse attorney if you see signs that your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse. Sadly, some of the nursing home abuse cases have led people to die and suffer from serious medical conditions. If you are concerned about the health and condition of someone you know who got abused at a nursing home, then we would advise you to contact to our lawyers directly.