Lauren P. Brasington
Phone: (414) 727-5150
Fax: (414) 727-5155
Lauren P. Brasington is an associate attorney at MacGillis Wiemer, LLC, and focuses her practice in the area of family law, often assisting clients with a variety of family law matters relating to divorce, paternity, custody, placement, child support, and post-judgment issues.
Lauren is originally from Doylestown, Pennsylvania, but spent the majority of her childhood in Waukesha, Wisconsin. She earned her B.S. from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse in Political Science, with minors in Legal Studies and Professional & Technical Writing.
Lauren earned her J.D. and certificate in Litigation from Marquette University Law School. While attending Marquette, Lauren actively participated in the Marquette University Law School Moot Court Association and served as the Associate Justice of Intramural Competitions on its executive board. During this time, Lauren competed in the National Moot Court Competition hosted by the New York City Bar Association, where she and her team placed as first runners-up in the Regional rounds, advancing them to the National rounds. Lauren was an active member of the Association for Women Lawyers, and the Children and Family Law Society. Lauren was also inducted into the Pro Bono Honor Society for completing more than 50 hours of pro bono service at the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic.
In her free time, Lauren enjoys exploring new restaurants with her family and friends and spending time with her dog, Betty. She also serves as a coach for Marquette University Law School’s interscholastic moot court teams.
- Marquette University Law School, J.D.
- Marquette University Law School Moot Court Association, Associate Justice for Intramural Competitions
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Appellate Writing and Advocacy
- Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Children and Family Law Society, Member
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- B.S. in Political Science, highest honors
- Minors: Legal Studies and Professional & Technical Writing
- Wisconsin, 2022
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2022
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2022
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers