Hartford Truck Accident Lawyer
Skilled Truck Accident Lawyers Servicing Clients In Hartford
When any truck strikes a vehicle, property, or any type of entity, it can result in damage or injury caused by the truck accident. When any truck hits you or causes any damage to your property, it gives rise to claims for your personal injuries. Our Hartford truck accident lawyer is here to help you navigate the difficult legal obligations required on your behalf. They are expert attorneys who have a bank of knowledge to help clients.
According to different research sources, did you know that every fifteen minutes one person is killed due to an accident caused by different types of trucks such as semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, or by big rigs i.e. eighteen-wheeler truck? Dozen of the peoples are injured daily from truck accidents. Personal injury claims are the only things to counter the damages caused by a truck. The damages are claimed from the trucking companies and by the truck driver if the vehicle is owned by an individual.
Reasons For Most Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons by which a truck accident can occur. Some of them are listed below:
- Driver Negligence: According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the majority of truck accidents are caused by driver negligence such as; the driver has fallen asleep, the driver is drunk, or the driver misjudges the roadway.
- Unfocused Driving: Sometimes the truck driver is not focused while controlling his vehicle and may be participating in activities during driving such as drinking water, using his mobile phone, or setting the station on the radio for entertainment purposes.
- Alcohol or Drug Consumption: Most truck drivers, due to the stress of work, use different types of drugs which also make their observance fuzzy and cause an accident. Drivers may also be consuming alcohol and driving under the influence.
- Not Expert: In some cases, the truck drivers do not get the proper training. Without the right certification, truck drivers sometimes come across certain situations where they cannot judge what to do in last-minute situations and result in an accident.
- Maintenance: In the interest of saving money and obtaining a higher profit, companies or truck owners don’t perform the repairs necessary for the vehicle. These could be faulty brakes or some other problem which, in the end, cause an accident.
What To Do After An Accident
What to do immediately after a truck accident depends on the situation, but there are a few things you should always do following an accident. Below are a few crucial steps proceeding an accident in order to file a personal injury claim.
- Stop: Don’t try to run or disappear from the scene of the accident when you are hit by a truck.
- Call Police: First thing after stopping your vehicle is to call the police and tell them that you had an accident. The police will make the report of the accident site. An exchange of information with them is recommended so they can start an investigation.
- Take Pictures: Take pictures of the accident occurrence immediately, or as soon as it is possible while maintaining safety for yourself and others. s evidence and support your personal claim.
- Medical Assistance: Also seek some medical assistance if you require it. You may need to go to the hospital for better treatment and care. Medical injuries are also included in the personal injury claim.
- Keep a Record: You must keep a record of everything such as vehicle number, exact time, and place of accident.
How Our Hartford Truck Accident Lawyer Makes Up The Difference
MacGillis Wiemer attorneys help you make a personal injury claim and help you to get the best remedy for your damages and injuries. An expert truck accident lawyer will provide legal representations to the victim of the truck accident or to the legal heirs of the person who died in a truck accident. It’s our job to sort out the complexities and difficulties of the investigation and also prepare your claim to be to your advantage by:
- Interviewing the witness and present them to the court,
- Request for the full medical history of the truck driver; perhaps he used drugs or consumed alcohol while driving,
- Will estimate your correct damages including medical injuries, property damages, and time wastage due to truck accident,
- Navigate the rules and regulations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules.
Contact A Truck Accident Attorney Before It’s Too Late
For hiring the services of a Hartford truck accident lawyer, contact us to obtain better assistance and receiving the highest compensation for your damages. Our team of lawyers has been helping clients for over a decade. We understand the law and know how to use it in a court of law. Call us today for a free consultation.