Megann S. Hendrix
FAMILY LAW, ELDER LAW, ESTATE PLANNING
Phone: (414) 727-5150
Fax: (414) 727-5155
Megann (Senfleben) Hendrix is a partner at MacGillis Wiemer, LLC and focuses her practice on estate planning, elder law and family law. She received her J.D. from Marquette University Law School after earning her B.A. in Communications, with honors, from Saint Louis University.
As an estate planner, Megann ensures her clients’ wishes are followed in the event of death or incapacity in the most efficient manner possible to ease the burden on the family. In addition to traditional estate planning, Megann is also knowledgeable in special needs trusts and the unique planning necessary for individuals with special needs. She works with Life Navigators and WisPACT, Inc. to set up Pooled and Community Special Needs Trusts for her clients.
As part of Megann’s elder law practice, she helps families and individuals with Medicaid (Title 19) asset planning and eligibility in the pre-planning and crisis planning stages. She also helps her clients with adult guardianship proceedings, including petitioning for the guardianship. Because of Megann’s knowledge in both family law and elder law, she often represents clients or consults in an “elder divorce.”
Megann focuses her family law practice on collaborative divorce, divorce mediation and prenuptial agreements. She uses a problem-solving approach to family law and represents her clients with compassion and a high level of expertise. This enables her to effectively protect her client’s interests, whether creating a prenuptial agreement or negotiating a divorce. As a highly trained collaborative law attorney, she has won the “Dolphin Award” and “Outstanding Performance and Dedication Award” from the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin. Also recognized with numerous honors, including:
- “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers
- “Leading Lawyer” in the area of family law by M Magazine
- “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers
- “Up and Coming Lawyer” by the Wisconsin Law Journal
- “Milwaukee’s Finest” by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Beyond successfully representing her clients, Megann is actively involved with multiple organizations:
- Board of Directors for the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin (2016 Chair, current Training Chair)
- Board of Directors for the Waukesha County Estate Planning Council (current President, board member 2017 – present)
- Board of Directors for the State Bar Family Law Section (2011-2017)
- Member of the Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of the Association of Women Lawyers
In her free time, Megann enjoys spending time with her husband, Travis, and their son, Cole. As a Wisconsin native, she takes advantage of all that Wisconsin has to offer – from beaches and boating to snowshoeing.