Milwaukee Special Needs Planning Attorney


Because of our experience in both estate planning and public benefits law, we are uniquely qualified to help you in special needs planning.ย  Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the different types of public benefits and how the eligibility rules for each program affect a personโ€™s planning needs.ย  Whether you need to plan for your own finances or plan for a loved one, we can help you navigate the web of public benefits rules and ensure you have a proper plan in place.

As the parent or grandparent of a child with special needs, unique planning must be done to set up your estate plan to preserve the public benefits of the child.

We can help you look at the unique needs for estate planning for a child with special needs, including:

  • Powers of Attorney for a child 18 years or older
  • Guardianship or Conservatorship
  • Supplemental Needs Trust
  • Special Needs Trust
  • Pooled Trust (WisPACT or Life Navigators)

When you are receiving public benefits and you receive assets that would put you over the program limit, it is important to act quickly to plan for receipt of the asset while maintaining your benefits.

Our attorneys can help you maintain public benefits after receiving countable assets, including:

  • A settlement
  • A gift or inheritance
  • Social Security backpay
  • Sale of a house
  • Accumulation of countable assets

Potential clients can schedule a free initial consultation with our firm by calling (414) 727-5150. You can also reach us online. All communications between our law firm and potential clients remain entirely confidential.