Hartford Airplane Accident Attorney
Although commercial airplane crashes are rare, they can result in severe injuries and multiple fatalities when they occur. Since highly publicized commercial crashes occur so rarely, however, many people may presume that any form of flying is often the safest mode of transport.
Aircraft equipment, unsecured luggage dropping from an overhead bin, accidents when moving around the cabin, and turbulence are common causes of airplane accident injuries. If you have been hurt in an aircraft, whether commercial or private, the incompetent or negligent parties that caused the harm should be held liable.
How is Liability Determined in Airplane Accidents?
In any legal case in which a victim sustains an injury, one of the most important things to do is determine liability. In aviation cases, several individuals may be considered liable for the injuries sustained.
- A Duty of Care – In terms of aviation accidents, this means that the individual or company had a duty to ensure the safety of all passengers before the flight taking off.
- Breach of Duty – The responsible party must have breached that duty.
- Accident was caused due to such breach – It is not enough to demonstrate that the liable party has breached its duty of care, but it must be shown that the breach caused such an accident.
- The Accident Directly Caused the Injury – Similar to car accidents, the accident needs to be proven to have actually caused the damage or injury suffered. Victims will be entitled to take legal action against the liable party as this proves negligence in airplane accidents
If liability is established against the responsible party, you can recover compensation for the injuries you have sustained and your losses which include healthcare expenses, loss of earnings, and any other damages.
The insurance agents of the airline company may try to get you to negotiate the incident when you’re emotionally upset and might even try to get you to sign papers about the claim at a reduced settlement amount so an attorney’s assistance throughout the process is crucial.
Common Airplane Accident Injuries
Some of the most common Airplane Accident injuries include:
- Breakage of bones
- Severe Neck Pain
- Injuries to the Spinal Cord
- Injuries after a burn
Pursuing Airplane Accident cases requires an Attorneys assistance
Aviation litigation is a complicated area of law. Pursuing a lawsuit involves exploring numerous potential theories of liability under state, federal, and, in applicable cases, international law. There are almost always at least several potential defendants, and often even several different courts where the case may be heard.
To be successful at proving someone legally responsible for an injury caused by an aviation accident, the plaintiff has to prove the defendant failed to meet industry standards for the operation of the aircraft, it’s engineering, certain regulations concerning the use of the aircraft. It only makes sense to have a law firm with experience in this type of litigation.
Contact our Airplane Accident Attorneys in Hartford, WI
If you got injured in an airplane accident or lost a loved one, please speak to one of our Airplane accident attorneys based in Wisconsin to handle your airplane accident case.